Archive

Archive for May, 2011

Mud Designer V1.4 on the horizon

May 3, 2011 7 comments

It’s been a little over 8 months since the last release of the Mud Designer, which flew by like lightning. Over the course of those 8 months, I’ve done some work off and on to the engine, with quiet a bit of work during the month of September, which sadly did not get pushed to a release like it probably should have.

Version 1.4 however is on its way, as I’ve just finished replacing a major component of the engine and bug tested it and feel it’s pretty solid. The engine’s scripting engine was replaced by another project of mine, the rScript Engine. The rScript Engine supports custom compilers being built, that will take scripts and compile them into .NET assemblies for access during runtime. I replaced the Mud Designer script engine with a custom compiler that implements the rScript Engine, and was able to finish it last night. The best part about it, none of the Mud Engine example scripts had to be re-wrote, as I made sure to write the new compiler in a manor that allowed the existing scripts to work with it.

All of the scripts were revised and the way that game commands were implemented received a revision in-between V1.3 and V1.4 as well. I’ll spend the next week or so ironing out some of the Tasks that I’ve had sitting on my Task list for the last 10 months, and then push the V1.4 out to the public.

Advertisements
Categories: Programming